Student Spotlight: Radhika Kanaskar (’19)

Radhika Kanaskar

LinkedIn

Radhika-KanaskarMajor: Management Information Systems

Minor: Digital Arts

Hometown: Cheshire, CT

Why did you join an Honors organization?

I joined Honors in Business for the opportunity to meet other students in the Honors Program and learn more about the field of business overall. Through HiBA, I’ve had many unique opportunities such as gong to the New York Stock Exchange to learn more about the financial industry and attending an etiquette dinner to learn valuable insights into professional networking and dining etiquette. I believe that HiBA has played a large role in the development of my professional skills                                                                                                      significantly and has helped me meet other students who are                                                                                              just as passionate about business.

What else are you involved in on campus?

On campus, I work as a student illustrator for the Office of Global Affairs. Some other clubs and organizations I’m also involved include the honor society Alpha Lambda Delta and UConn Model United Nations In my free time, I enjoy taking photos, hiking, and playing tennis.

What do you enjoy most about UConn?

I enjoy the positive energy and tightly knit community of student at UConn. There is always something going on and I try my best to find ways to get involved and meet new people. I think that UConn does a great job of providing students with a wide variety of opportunities to help them grow everyday.

What are your career aspirations?

My dream job would be to work in the digital analytics department of a fun and innovative company like Facebook or Google. I really would love to combine my love for the digital arts with my passion for analyzing data to improve profits and performance of a company. Workplace culture is also very important to me, so working in a creative environment is something that I would look for in a company.

Previous internship(s) and brief summary

Last summer I worked as a Client Database and Knowledge Management Intern at Organizational Performance Group, an organizational development consulting firm in Woodbridge, CT. I worked with the marketing coordinator to research and implement a CRM software and assisted with research projects pertaining to clients. This summer I’ve accepted a job at People’s Bank Headquarters working as an intern for the Digital Channels department. I’m looking forward to this opportunity to learn more about the digital side of a larger company!

Fun Fact About Yourself

I have been to 7 countries.