Student Spotlight: Joaquin Sanchez (’18)

Joaquin SanchezJoaquin Sanchez, Honors Scholar

LinkedIn

Major: Finance

Minor: Economics

Hometown: Oxford, CT

Why did you join Honors in Business Association?

I decided to join Honors in Business Association (HiBA) to meet business minded individuals while also benefiting from professional development opportunities and corporate employer events. Fundamentally, HiBA is steered by a great executive board that provides worthwhile trips. Last year HiBA planned a trip to the Boston Federal Reserve and this year members will be able to attend business conferences at Harvard.

What else are you involved in on campus besides HiBA?

This year I joined the executive board of Finance Society as part of the marketing committee and became the Bloomberg Campus Ambassador. My role is to administer the Bloomberg Aptitude Test (BAT) for free to any student interested in testing their analytical skills. I’m also a dual mentor in the PATH and METAS programs and part of the Daily Campus advertising sales team.

What do you enjoy most about UConn?

I enjoy meeting people the most. Classes teach you the course content, but the people that make up “UConn” (friends, colleagues, and faculty) are an equally valuable resource. People at UConn are talented and extraordinary in every aspect and I feel I can always gain something from listening in.

What are your career aspirations?

I have various interests within finance and economics and continue to explore industries in financial services or corporate finance. Overall, I’d like to be constantly learning and challenged in meaningful projects.

Fun Fact About Yourself

Most of my childhood was growing up in Mexico City