Student Spotlight: Megan Gauer (’16)

Megan GauerMegan Gauer, Honors Scholar

LinkedIn

Major: Actuarial Sciences and Finance

Hometown: South Windsor, CT

Why did you join Honors in Business Association?

I joined the Honors in Business Association to meet other people in the business school and for the professional development opportunities. We put on a lot of great events that have given me many networking opportunities and helped me with my internship and job search.

What else are you involved in on campus besides HiBA?

I am a coordinator for the Husky Ambassador Program where I help to run the Husky-for-a-Day Program and Open Houses for prospective students. I also teach CCD classes at St. Thomas Aquinas and am a member of GIS, the Actuarial fraternity.

What do you enjoy most about UConn?

My favorite things about UConn are the school spirit and all the great friends I have made throughout my time here!

What are your career aspirations?

I recently accepted a full time analyst position with Deloitte Consulting’s Human Capital – Actuarial, Rewards & Analytics group!

Previous internships

This past summer I interned with Deloitte. My internship was a great experience. I got to work on real, client facing projects, and really learn what actuarial consulting is all about. Additionally, I have also interned with The Phoenix Companies and Travelers – both of which were also great experiences, helped me to advance my skills, and to learn what working in industry is like.

Fun Fact About Yourself

I love to travel!